wedding tips advice
hudson valley weddings
With over 15 years of wedding photography experience we put together some great articles to help you with your wedding planning.
If you have any questions or would like to chat just click the contact button to get in touch.
Your engagement session is a great opportunity to see how you photograph together before the big day. Let’s chat, because I know of so many great locations for your Westchester Engagement Photography session. Sure, you have plenty of holiday photos, selfies, and your own #coupleinlove hashtag! However, professional photography is much more involved, we have lighting, really sharp lenses, special poses, and skills in the art of making people look great!
1. Treat it like your practice shoot for the wedding day. We usually visit a local park that you may take your wedding portraits at for the engagement session. We explore the area, lighting conditions, time of year and plan on some great photos together. During the engagement session you will be guided through a variety of poses that may or may not work for you. You will be able to see how the different poses create angles and curves that make you look great! Also, a good chance to practice your favorite Pinned poses and see if they work for you as a couple.
2. Style your wardrobe in a way that fits your personalities. If you normally wouldn’t be caught dead in a sundress, don’t wear one to your session. Embrace your ripped jeans and leather jacket or whatever clothes make you feel your best. Take a look at the past engagement shoots on our wedding page to see what other couples wear for ideas.
3. Have a makeup trial done on the day of the session if possible. You will be able to see how the makeup looks on you in photos, afterwards, you can make any needed changes for the wedding day.
4. Most couples order photo products after the session, you will be able to view the images and select your favorites. You can create Save The Date Cards, Guest Signature Books and even wall canvases for the card table at the venue. Many printed options are available from these great photos, we also put them on the big screen at the reception if you work it out with your entertainment company.
5. Props, signs and other decor can be used for your photo shoot. If your wedding day has a theme this would be a great way to prepare your guests before the wedding.
We will always guide and direct you in the engagement shoot process, we will suggest locations, clothing ideas, and a stylist or two if you need one. Westchester Engagement Photography is a great for your photos and we know of a few other locations in the Hudson Valley as well. Lastly, just reach out for more information. Our website has so many great images for inspiration as well, check it out later.
Take a look at other articles about engagement photography, just click below.